Welcome to the International Journal of Distributed and Cloud Computing. The journal provides forum for engineers and scientists in academia, industry and government to publish their latest research findings in any aspects advanced conceptual background and practical application of Clouds and related systems. It also considers other paradigms as Peer to Peer (P2P) computing, Cluster computing and Grid computing. Coverage extends to issues of performance, management, governance, trust and privacy, and interoperability of Clouds.
First issue onwards, Journal is indexed with Proquest database. It is also encouraging to note, researchers not only from India but all across the globe are showing their interest for publishing their esteemed research work with the Journal. Still we believe there is a need to communicate new ideas in the area of computing from Indian and International perspective.
All of the papers that are submitted to the Journal will be initially screened by our editorial team and further reviewed by our editorial board members without disclosing identity of authors. Completion of review process takes around 3-6 months time period. If a manuscript is unique, on occasion specific outside reviewers will be added to the Board for purposes of review. We are committed to developing a Journal which is responsive to the needs of the readership and to the discipline. This will make it easier to maintain a balanced and objective point of view in editorial content and provide content at a level which readers find informative and useful.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
Ethical Guidelines for Journal Publication
- Improving elasticity and availability in cloud infrastructure and cloud services
- Multi-tenancy and related issues such as performance isolation
- Charging models and economics
- Power-efficient ("green") computing for clouds
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and failure recovery
- Debugging and performance analysis of cloud applications
- Cloud management and configuration
- Virtual appliance management and composition
- Storage architectures for cloud computing
- Novel networking approaches for cloud computing
- Programming models
- Security and privacy in clouds
- New applications for clouds
- Integrating enterprise applications with the cloud
- Administration and Manageability
- Data Privacy
- Data Services Architectures
- Distributed and Parallel Query Processing
- Energy Management
- Distributed and Cloud Networking
- Infrastructure Technologies
- Large Scale Cloud Applications
- Provisioning and Metering
- Resource Management and Performance
- Scientific Data Management
- Security of Services
- Service Level Agreements
- Storage Architectures
- Transactional Models
- Virtualization Technologies
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behaviour for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher and the society of society-owned or sponsored journals.
An important role of the publisher is to support the extensive efforts of journal editors, and the often unsung volunteer work undertaken by peer reviewers in maintaining the integrity of the scholarly record. It is a tribute to scholarly practice that the system works well and problems are comparatively rare. The publisher has a supporting, investing and nurturing role in the scholarly communication process and is also ultimately responsible for ensuring that best practices are followed.
We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions.
Click here for detailed information on publication ethics with special reference to following:-
Duties of authors
Duties of editors
Duties of reviewers
What rights do I retain as a journal author?
Commercial purposes and systematic distribution
How to obtain a Journal Publishing Agreement?
Why does Journal request transfer of copyright?